The IFMA SFP Credential Program offers a single source for learning about sustainable facility management, gaining an advantage over the competition, and earning the SFP credential. The program consists of electronic or printed reading materials, interactive online study tools and SFP final assessments.
Electronic/Printed Reading Materials
- Comprehensive series of three sustainability focus areas, defined by the results of the most recent IFMA global job task analysis:
- Strategy and Alignment for Sustainable Facility Management
- Managing Sustainable Facilities
- Operating Sustainable Facilities
- Topics presented in a concise, easy-to-understand format.
- Choose to receive the reading materials in downloadable electronic format only or in both printed and electronic formats. Printed materials utilize 100% post-consumer waste recycled paper and recycled packaging.
Interactive Online Study Tools
- Facility Management Introduction- an overview video of the FM industry.
- A pre-test for each focus area to assess initial knowledge and guide studies.
- Chapter-specific quizzes to measure comprehension and ability to apply concepts.
- Immediate feedback and correct-answer rationales on all quizzes.
- e-Flashcards and glossary for review of key terms and definitions.
- Resource Center for additional educational tools.
- Progress report to track activities and scores.
SFP Final Assessments
- An online SFP final assessment follows each focus area. (The final assessments for focus areas 1 and 2 include 50 questions each and have a time limit of 65 minutes. The assessment for focus area 3 includes 100 questions with a time limit of 130 minutes.)
- Assessments are included in the online study tools and can be completed when and where your schedule allows.
- Successfully complete all three final assessments with a passing score of 75% to qualify for the SFP credential.*
- SFP application and fee must be submitted to IFMA to earn the SFP credential.
*Please note: Candidates who fail an SFP final assessment may retake it immediately. There is no limit to the number of times you can retake the final assessment. After successful completion of each online SFP final assessment, it will have served its purpose and will no longer be available.