IFMA’s Facility Management Professional (FMP) designation is a knowledge-based credential that will help to accelerate an FM's transition into the profession and demonstrate a proven comprehension of the foundations of facility management. It is ideal for:
- Facility management practitioners looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the foundational FM topics deemed critical by employers.
- Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate or technical programs.
- LEED professionals seeking continuing education hours.
- Federal employees and contractors looking to comply with the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act (FBPTA).
- Experienced FMs looking for a stepping stone toward the CFM credential.
“I recommend the FMP program to everyone that considers themselves a facility professional. The FMP credential helps professionals better understand and apply the core elements of the various FM disciplines, challenges their decision-making skills and sets the stage for the CFM credential. I feel stronger in my knowledge base knowing I passed the rigorous FMP online self-study program.” (Brian Rush, CFM, FMP)
What topics are covered by the four FMP courses?