Watch a short video to hear what FMPs have to say about the credential.
Why pursue the FMP credential?
- The FMP can help you gain a competitive advantage and improve your job performance through education and recognition.
- Build practical skills you can apply to your job immediately, resulting in cost-savings and added value to your organization.
- Earn professional credibility and recognition from current and potential employers, clients, work teams and peers.
- Move one step closer to earning your CFM credential by taking up to three years off of your CFM experience requirement. Learn more.
- Network with with your peers at special FMP functions at local, national and international events.
- Earn LEED Maintenance CE credits: LEED Professionals can earn 60 general continuing education hours upon completion of the full FMP program or 15 hours per individual course.
- Earn IFMA-issued CEUs. Learn more.
Why should employers support the FMP?
- Establish a common foundation of knowledge and vocabulary throughout your team.
- Ensure the competency and professionalism of your employees.
- Contribute to your organization's competitive advantage.
- Improve staff retention and loyalty with a proven commitment to employee growth and career advancement.
- Inspire your staff to strive for excellence.
- Corporate/group training options and discounts are available. More information.
What learning options are available to prepare for and earn the FMP credential?
“Earning my FMP has been a WIN-WIN! Not only has it expanded my facility knowledge base and provided me with excellent resources to fall back on, it also has given me the confidence to make important facility decisions for my company."
—Valerie Chavis-Kosko, FMP, Facilities Coordinator, Millennium Inorganic Chemicals, A Cristal Co., Hunt Valley, Md., USA