The IFMA Facility Management Learning System™ offers comprehensive print materials and interactive online study and support tools for FM professionals looking to advance their knowledge and those preparing for the CFM Exam. Developed by IFMA and a team of subject matter experts, this program covers the updated facility management body of knowledge.
Comprehensive Print Materials
The IFMA FM Learning System’s six printed books cover the 11 competencies that comprise the complete facility management body of knowledge and are tested in the CFM Exam. This extensive content is organized by chapters so you can tailor your studies to areas that require additional study.
- Printed reading materials correspond to the 11 competency areas tested on the CFM Exam. View table of contents.
- Each competency is divided into chapters with chapter-specific quizzes.
- Books can be used as reference materials for years to come.
- Topics presented in a concise, easy-to-understand format .
- Materials created by subject-matter experts.
Interactive Online Testing Tools
Web-based testing includes hundreds of questions and is designed to reinforce what you studied in the printed books, test your retention and help you prepare to take a competency-based exam.
- Pre-tests assess initial knowledge and help focus studies.
- Chapter-specific quizzes reinforce concepts, with immediate feedback and correct answer rationales.
- Post-test gauges knowledge gained and helps identify areas requiring further study. Generate a Certificate of Completion with a passing score of 80% or greater.
- Experience the Exam provides an opportunity to practice applying knowledge in a competency-based exam similar to the CFM Exam format.
Online Study Support Tools and Resources
To solidify the knowledge and deepen your understanding covered in the printed materials, you will have access to a variety of tools offered online to enhance your studies.
- Facility Management Overview provides an introduction to the FM profession.
- SmartStudy Tool helps you organize a study plan.
- Case study exercises help you practice applying what you've learned across competencies.
- Flashcards and glossary help you review key terms and definitions.
- Progress reports track your activities and scores.
- Resource Center provides test-taking tips, additional reference and feedback opportunities.
The IFMA Facility Management Learning System™ is a certification preparation program and is not a substitute for the CFM certification examination. Completing this program does not entitle the users to present themselves as CFMs, or to use the CFM designation. The only way to earn the Certified Facility Manager certification is to apply for and pass the CFM Exam. If you wish to take the CFM Exam, you must submit an application form and separate exam fee through IFMA.